My Scrap Stuff

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

September DT Layout

This assignment was one of my favorites! We had a choice of 3 different packets of paper and products. I chose the packet with these Beautiful Oriental papers, Prima Felt focal points and Artsy accents, and Crepe Paper Ribbon by Jenni Bowlen. My daughter loves the Orient and I knew it would be the perfect papers for one of her NSU Graduation layouts.
We also had to complete 4 of 10 Challenges. I did 5 of the 10:
1. Use the new metallic rub on ink
2. Use punctuation chipboard
3. Use Alcohol inks
4. Distress
5. Use a doodling template to create a background or enhance a print.
For the lo I used black and peach cardstock, cut down the peach, distressed the edges with Brilliance black ink and adhered them layered together. I had 4 different papers, I cut out the cherry blossoms on one, cut the stripe paper in a 7x9" rectangle and the circle paper in an 11x8" rectangle. I traced my parenthesis on the other dragon paper and cut them out. I then put my Prima felt accent onto the cherry blossom paper then cut it out leaving the red background showing. The most fun thing I did was to take the red Crepe paper ribbon and I made flowers. I used chipboard circles to adhere the ribbon and used black bling as the center. I used the frost white metallic rub on ink to distress the flowers. I used alcohol inks on my title. It created a dotted look on the foil which mimics the dots on the circle paper. I also took circle chip boards, used red Brilliance inks to ink them and then accented them using my circle doodling template to mask the dots on them. I made the dots with black stickles. These were to mimic the circles in the circle paper. I also used the alcohol inks to color the Ghost shape Butterfly. I used Stardust stickles to outline it and placed black faceted stones as the body. I also accented the papers with a journaling stamp on the R side of the page and at various places on the lo. I accented around the flowers with black crystal accents. I used Making Memories rub on letters for Suma Cum Laude and Bachelor of Biology. I hope you enjoy this lo. Thanks for checking my blog.
PRODUCTS USED:
-Crepe Paper Ribbon by Jenni Bowlen
-Felt Focal Point and Artsy Accents by Prima
-Papers by Best Creation
-Bazzill Card stock
-Frost White All Purpose Ink by Tsukineko
-Brilliance inks Jet Black and Rocket Red
-Black 7mm faceted stones by The Beadery
-Stickles, Black and Stardust
-Foil Alphabet "Ocean Sparkle" by Creative Imaginations
-Crystal Accents by Prima
-Chipboard circles and Parenthesis by Technique Tuesday
-Rub on Alphabet "Simply Stated" by MM
-

2 comments:

Heather Bares said...

Wow Lisa, this is gorgeous!!!! I love everything about it! I think this is my favorite of all of the layouts you have done so far!

Charlotte Cramer said...

This is amazing Lisa!!!! You were right...totally different!!!!! I love those photos and the color cardstock you chose!!!!!! See you tonight!!!!!!!