My Scrap Stuff

Thursday, September 25, 2008

July 2008 Design Team Layout

This month we were told we could use anything we wanted. The only rule was that we had to complete 3 of 10 challenges. I completed the following:
1. Use a different Scrapbook style
2. Create a collage of pictures
3. Must use 5 different products from 5 different manufacturers
4. Use a product you have not used in 3 or more years.
We received this assignment 3 days before my family left for Cancun. When I returned and started working on my LO, the only thing I wanted to scrap were vacation pictures. I really like the way these pictures came out! These pictures were of our day at Maroma Beach in Playa Del Carmen. After we went snorkeling, Kevin and I relaxed under these "Palapas" while Jillian played on the beach and Rhett went ATV riding. The view from our "hut" was so peaceful and beautiful. I relax every time I see these.
OK, now back to the LO. I am not a simple scrapper, therefore I decided to go way outside my box and use a different scrap style. I used a sand cardstock as the background. I centered the collage of pictures leaving a space for journaling. I used a screenprint in that corner and sewed blue "lines" for my journaling. These lines were how I attached the screenprint. I used blue ric-rac on the top left and bottom right corners. I attached shells from the beach in the corners as accents. My title is Thickers that I covered with sand. The word "Beach" are tiles I purchased about 4 years ago (product over 3 years) from Sarah Heidt. I distressed the edges with blue chalk and I journaled with an Inkssentials Opaque Pen.
Products used:
Thickers by American Crafts
Sara Heidt tiles
Bazzil Cardstock
ricrac --Wrights by Trim Tec
Inkssentials Opaque Pen
chalk

No comments: