My Scrap Stuff

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

August 2008 DT Layout

WooHoo, I just borrowed my dear friend's camera to be able to post this picture. Thanks a bunch Marlene! We were allowed to use whatever we wanted but had to do 3 out of 10 challenges. I did 1. Monocromatic layout, 2. have more than 3 textures-- paper, brads, wood, ATC transparency, ribbon, twill, vellum, paper clips, staples, safety pins, and Tim Holtz grunge board 3. Use tags.
I LOVE these pictures. They are from Rhetts last day at Eunice High. Most of the Seniors rode to school, down Bobcat drive on ATV's, Tractors, Lawn mowers, etc. I was so glad to have been able to capture this fun and joyful day!
I used the new papers by Basic Grey as my background. I tore the grid paper to use as the photo mat for the large picture and used a piece as the journaling block in the center of the collage on the R. page. The title and the words "the", "last day", and "Senior" are from some older alphabet stickers from American Crafts. I attached them to chipboard and cut them out. I picked up some tire tread ribbon at Treasured Memories. I scattered this down the L side with some raffia, and I also hung some on the R side through the collage. I attached all kinds of "textures" along these ribbons. I stamped Twill with the words, "remember", "enjoy the journey" and the date . I attached these to the tire tread using screw brads, safety pins and photo holders. I inked a key from Tim Holtz Grungeboard and a wooden R that I had in my stash. Both were attached by zots on to the tire tread. I stamped "celebrate" on a velum tag and attached it with another screw brad. I also took a tan tag from MM and stapled an artist trading card to it and to the lo. As accents around the large photo, I attached a paper clip and a photo holder with a screw brad. I hope you enjoy
Products Used:
7 Gypsies ATC card
Arcade Grid paper from Cherry Arte
paper from Basic Grey
Stickers by Karen Foster Designs, "Making the Grade"
Stickers by American Crafts, "Alpha Pads"
Making Memories- Photo Anchors, screw brads, magnetic stamps
Tuxedo Black ink by Dew Drops
Tim Holtz Grungeboard- Key
Safety pins, paper clips, raffia, twine, staples and twill (from my stash)
tags-vellum by MM and tan from Basic Grey

No comments: